The Walton County EDA is currently seeking qualified candidates to fill the Interim Executive Director Position based on the follwoing job overview and salary range
INTERIM EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Walton County Economic Development Alliance (EDA)
Job location: DeFuniak Springs, Walton County, Florida
Walton County is seeking an experienced economic development professional to lead the Alliance’s efforts to establish Walton County as a location of choice for new business and investment as well as job creation, retention and expansion projects.
The Interim Executive Director designs and implements economic development strategies, manages the organization’s budget, conducts marketing efforts for business attraction, conducts an effective business retention/expansion program, develops and manages business parks and provides overall organizational oversight of the EDA.
Anticipated hiring range: $50,000- $75,000 annually, depending on qualifications.
Position Requirements: A Baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited college or university. Additional consideration is afforded to those holding a graduate degree.
· Experience in economic development, community development or public administration is preferred but not required.
· Knowledge of the most pertinent aspects of economic development: retention, expansion, recruiting and new business start-ups. An appropriate economic development credential or certification is preferred but not required.
· Thorough knowledge of the local community with established contacts and relationships is preferred but not required; however, meeting this criterion may substitute for an economic development credential or certification.
· Proven ability to market the community.
· Good management skills.
· Good communication and human relations skills.
· Ability to interact well with local elected officials.
· Willingness and ability to learn quickly and adapt.
· Willingness to work non-traditional hours.
· Willingness to travel.
· Ability to work independently without close supervision.
· Ability to deal with sensitive and controversial issues with discretion and in confidence.
· Proficiency in using various common software tools including Microsoft Word, Excel, Front Page, PowerPoint, Outlook, and QuickBooks.
Applications may be submitted in person at the Walton County Human Resources Office located at 76 North 6th Street – Suite B, DeFuniak Springs, Florida, or by applying for this position electronically through our website at www.co.walton.fl.us and completing a Walton County Application For At-Will Employment and uploading it there, or call our office: 850-892-8586.
POST DATE: 09/08/2016 CLOSE DATE: 10/08/2016